Our seats were good, almost right over home plate, but we were in the shade, which was not good. So after a few innings we moved over a few sections to find the sunshine. And then the sun went behind a cloud and the wind kicked up. After six innings I said it was OK with Mom, we could go home. We were home in time for me to make dinner! Happy Mother's Day! But no, really, it was a fun day and I enjoyed it, even if I did have to make my own special breakfast and dinner.
Now the second week of May is moving along and I'm (of course) not getting done nearly what I had hoped. So many things interfere with my plans, such as the dentist (had my second appointment today), some Professional Development stuff that my department is doing this week, and laundry. But it's OK. I did a little academic reading this week, though not my choice -- incomprehensible background reading for the faculty thing.
I'm also letting myself read for fun. I'm reading more Murakami -- Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World. It's not as easy to get through as some of his stuff, but I'm plodding along. I keep thinking I'm basically done with Murakami, and then I find myself reading more. I probably need to research more authors I'd like, because when I go to the library, I'm not enthralled by what I see on the shelf. For example, the dental hygienist last week saw my tortoise earrings and recommended that I read some books by Mary Alice Monroe which have something to do with sea turtles. So I dutifully looked up the books, even picked one up and opened it -- but then put it back on the shelf. I don't want to read heartwarming books about Women and their Families. Just not my thing, despite (or because of?) the fact that I am a Woman with a Family. So then I end up with Murakami again. Anyway, it's all good.
Back to my life, more later.
No comments:
Post a Comment